Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Smashbox Holiday Collection 2015: Lashes

Yaaay! It's this time of the year again! I 'm talking about the time when the christmas collections arrive, isn't it wonderful? Well, Smashbox wanted to mix up the holiday collections a little this year because why should everything be red and gold? I'm really happy with what they did, have a look:


So pretty and colorful! The packaging was designed in collaboration with the artist Yago Hortal, a young, breakthrough painter from Barcelona. 
Today I'll tell you more about Art.Love.Color Lashes*, the set on the left. I know the one on the right looks very intriguing but it does contain a lot of gorgeous eyeshadows and blushes and I need some time to take good pictures of the shades to do their beauty justice.


The set for the lashes contains a full size Full Exposure Mascara, a large sample size Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner (0.8g) and a large sample size Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer (5ml). 
I'm wearing Alabaster, Custard, Nutmeg and Glow from the
Smashbox Master Class Palette on my lids
The Full Exposure mascara adds volume and length to your lashes to make them look fuller. It has a big brush which doesn't make application very easy but the result is worth trying for! It separates the lashes perfectly and indeed makes my lashes look fuller. It stays on all day and is easy to remove and who doesn't love a mascara which doesn't smudge but comes off when it's supposed to?


The Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx is a deep black eyeliner. It is very soft and glides on beautifully. I don't have oily lids but this eyeliner does transfer to my upper lid during the day even if I'm wearing a primer. It's sad because it's so easy to apply, the colour is a perfect black and you can create a softer smudged look with it if you want. 


The last product in the set is the Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer, a primer to make your concealer stay in place during the day. This product promises quite a lot: It's hydrating, reduces dark circles and puffiness, it's soothing, adds radiance and brightness and it fights wrinkles and fine lines. Well, I'm happy if it reduces the appearance of dark circles and hydrates my under eye area. Instead of going through a check list of all the mentioned benefits I'll just tell you what it does in my opinion. The product is transparent but as soon as I applied it, my under eye area looked illuminated and brighter. It felt like it added some hydration to my skin but not enough to skip eye cream if your skin is as dry as mine during winter. My concealer blended in as seamlessly as usual but my dark circles were less visible. Especially on pictures, which is the strength of Smashbox Cosmetics anyway. I couldn't notice any difference in the lasting power of my concealer but it always stays on the whole day, so there's nothing to improve. All in all this is a lovely product, I never felt the need of an under eye primer but now that I have this one I'll sure use it often. 

The holiday collection is available from mid October at Marionnaud. 
What do you think of this collection? Especially of the colorful packaging?

Have a great day!
Cheryl


*press sample

7 comments:

  1. Packaging is so colourful, I like it! Your lashes look fab!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ela! Just looking at the packaging makes me happy :)

      Delete
  2. That palette is soooooooooooooooooooo amazing, right! I am so in love with it. And gosh, how beautiful do your lashes look :-O I totally forgot about this mascara, I should pick up another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! The quality of the shadows is great and it isn't expensive for what you get.
      Thanks, I guess I'm quite lucky with my lashes :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful! i love it! and the packaging is great too!!!

    love the blog too girl! if you get the chance, I would love for you to check out my blog and let me know what you think! (maybe even follow, no pressure though!)

    love, rach.
    So, hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rach, thanks for stopping by! I'll sure check it out. Don't hesitate to follow my blog if you like it ;)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!