Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Essie Winter 2015 "Virgin Snow" Collection - apres-chic & shall we chalet?

If you're living in Switzerland, a visit to Coop is what you need to do right now! Essie polishes are reduced and if you love them as much as I do, ruuun! 
Essie's Winter 2015 Limited Edition collection "Vrigin Snow" is still available but I couldn't get my hands on virgin snow yet. Anyway, I picked up shall we chalet? and apres-chic and decided to include them into a mini-naildesign to show them off. 


I've seen this nail design in a magazine when I was at the hairdresser and wanted to recreate it. I'm quite sure you're able to tell that this isn't the most time consuming or difficult design to do. But it's pretty and you can see both of the LE colours, so let's do this!


After applying a base coat I used apres-chic, a sparkly silver chrome colour, as the base. The nail polish is opaque in two thin coats, for this design one coat is enough. 


On top of the base I applied shall we chalet? without covering the outer part of the nail so a stripe of apres-chic was still visible. Because of the sparkly base, I needed two coats to get an opaque finish. Shall we chalet? is a stunning dark red with a hint of pink. 

These are just two of the six colours in this collection and I love them! As always, the quality is amazing. Essie nail polishes just seem to stay longer on my nails than other polishes and I find application very easy. I'm rather sure one or two other colours will find their way into my nail polish drawer over the next few days... I have my eyes on virgin snow and peak show.

Do you like the colours? What do you think of this quick and easy nail design?

Love,
Cheryl





2 comments:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!