Thursday, 24 December 2015

Last Minute Christmas Make Up Tutorial

Pardon me, I'm a little late with my Christmas make up tutorial. But here it is! 
We're going for a silver and blue winter look because I'm sure you'll find a great tutorial on a classic gold and red combo somewhere on the internet already. So let's get started:


Eyes: 
I used two palettes for this tutorial, the Smashbox Double Exposure and the Smashbox Master Class palette. To let you know which shade I got out of which palette I'll add a DE or MC after the shades.
1. Apply the primer of your choice, in my case Urban Decay's Primer Potion. 
2. Next I applied Alabaster (MC) under my brow bone and used Snow (MC) as a base color all over my lid. 
3. Then I created a V-shape at the inner corner of my eye using Cosmic (MC). I added Steel (MC) from the outer corner of my eye all over the lid till just over the middle of my eye and applied the same colour to my lower lashline. 
4. I blended Cement (MC) into the crease and lined my lashline with Midnight (DE). I created another V-Shape with Midnight at the outer corner of my eye slightly winging it out. 
5. As the last step I blended the V-shape and Steel together with Silver (DE). Then I applied my beloved Clinique High Impact mascara. 

I started with the eyes because I used dark and glittery colours which make the under eye area look a little messy, so I needed to remove the messy bits before I went on with the rest of my face. 


Face:
1. I prepped my skin using the Smashbox Photo Finish Under Eye Primer and the Smashbox Primer Water. 
2. I concealed blemishes with the Collection 2000 concealer and applied Estée Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer to my under eye area. For a little highlight I dabbed L'oréals's Lumi Magique highlighting pen onto the top of my cheeks. 
3. The foundation I chose was Estée Lauder's Double Wear light because it gives a flawless finish and looks pretty on pictures. 
4. I contoured my face a teeny tiny little bit using the New Dimension Shape and Sculpt Face Kit from Estée Lauder (really need to review it!) and made my cheeks look fresh and healthy by applying the Smashbox blush Prism (MC). 
5. I tamed my brows with the Brow Artist Plumper from L'oréal.
6. As the finishing touch I applied Estée Lauders Pure Color Envy Shine lipstick in Innocent. 

I'm no pro when it comes to applying makeup, I just enjoy doing it. I hope you like this look and if you do so, it would make me very happy if you'd add a comment or follow me on my social media. You can find all the links on the top right of the page.

Now enjoy Christmas Eve with whoever you love, have fun and take care <3

Love,
Cheryl 


2 comments:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!