Thursday, 31 December 2015

Nail Look for New Year's Eve

It's New Year's Eve tonight and by the time you're reading this I'll be on my way to a weekend in the mountains with friends. I wanted to purchase one of the gorgeous le vernis metallics from L'Oréal for this occasion but I couldn't find any in the stores. So I bought a pink Volcano instead. Yaay! Not exactly what I planned but hey, it's pink, it's sparkly and looks pretty. 


Anyway, for this reason I had to go with the nail polishes I already own and decided to do a metallic gradient design. Have a look!


I used Alessandro's CC Polish Nail Treatment as a nude base and applied KIKO's Nr. 303, a metallic champagne shade, with a sponge. As always when I'm using a sponge to apply my nail polish, I used hand cream around my nails so the colour wouldn't stick to the skin too much. 



The good thing about gradient nails is that they're easy and quick to create. Just take a sponge and dabb the colour you like on top of your base wherever you think it looks nice. I usually apply most of the nail polish to the bottom part of my nails because it lasts longer if you don't have too many layers of polish at the tip of your nails. 
Add two layers of your favourite top coat and you're done!

There's currently a lot going on in the "back office" of Swiss BeautyTalk because there will be some changes in 2016. If all goes well I'll be able to tell you more in about three weeks. So stay tuned for that and have a great New Year's Eve!


Love,
Cheryl

1 comment:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!