Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Homemade Granola

Have you ever made your own granola?
Around Christmas I decided to try it for the first time and I realized it's very easy to find a good recipe online and even easier to prepare the granola. I gave the granola to some of my friends and all of them seemed to be very happy with my little present. As a base I used Megan's Granola Recipe and changed it up a bit according to the taste of my friends. Now I have two own recipes, one with cranberries and one for chocaholics. Have a look:



Granola with Cranberry

4 cups rolled oats
3/4 cups wheat germ
1/3 cup chia seeds

1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine all the ingredients above in a bowl

1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Mix the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan and slowly bring to boil. Pour over your dry ingredients and stir. 


Now spread your granola out on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes (170°C). After 10 minutes I recommend to stir and keep an eye on the granola for the rest of the time because it gets burnt really quickly. 

1 cup cranberries

Let the granola cool and add 1 cup of cranberries and you're done!



Granola for Chocaholics

I made this one for my boyfriend because he loves chocolate and cinnamon in his muesli and he thinks the granola tastes great, except for the chia seeds ;)

The recipe is basically the same as the one with Cranberries, I just left out the sunflower seeds and pecans and changed them for chopped macadamia nuts. Instead of cranberries I added 1 cup dark chocolate chips as soon as the granola was done. 

I stored the granola in cute and airtight glass containers (1 liter).  

This sure wasn't the last time I made my own granola. I really like the idea of it, it's quick and you can make exactly the granola you want. 
Nice side effect: My whole flat smelled delicious after this! 

Have you tried to make your own granola yet? Or are you tempted to do now?

Love,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum and more yum! I totally have to try this sometime, I love granola, and home-made one is the best.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!