Saturday, 9 January 2016

Morning Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin

About two months ago I started to change my morning skincare routine from summer to winter. I've tested some new products and I'm finally happy with the routine. My skin tends to look a little dull during winter, so I wanted products to illuminate the skin and hydrate it at the same time.

My standard routine includes three products: an eye cream, a serum and a moisturizer. I always start with applying my eye cream even though I was recommended to use it as the last step in my skincare routine. I often have dark circles so I wanted an eye cream to lighten my under eye area and add moisture. On the website of L'Alpage I stumbled upon the Mielicime Nourishing Eye Serum Against Dark Circles* and thought this sounded perfect.  


This eye serum contains organic honey and apricot almond oil to nourish the delicate skin under the eyes. And yes, it smells delicious too! Amino acids and oligopeptides help to reduce dark circles. The texture is very light and the product sinks into the skin quickly. It doesn't make my dark circles disappear miraculously but it managed to lighten them a little over time. Julien Gibert from L'Alpage told me it takes about 28 days to notice a difference and I'd say that's about right. However, it does add enough moisture and the ingredients of this little guy are lovely! 

Next in line is my L'Alpage Eternalp 2040m Smoothing & Moisturising Anti-Age Serum*. 


Eternalp is an Anti-Aging line for young skin to delay the first signs of aging. It contains organic edelweiss (I feel so Swiss using this), two types of stem cells to prolong the longevity of skin stem cells and reduce UV-induced stress, peptides and hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin. I experienced this product as a real glow-booster because it adds a subtle shimmer to the skin so it looks instantly illuminated. The texture is very similar to the eye serum and the scent is herbal but kind of sweet. It's not extremely moisturizing in my opinion but the real benefit of this one is that it gives my skin a natural healthy glow. 


As always, the packaging is folded origami without using any glue. If you want to know more about L'Alpage and their environmental-friendly concept, you may read my blogpost or visit their website.

My daily moisturizer is Estée Lauder's Day Wear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF15 I've talked about in this post. I have the version for normal/combination skin but it provides enough moisture even during winter. 


It has a really fresh and feminine scent and feels lovely on the skin. It smoothes the complexion, hydrates the skin for the whole day and somehow builds the perfect base for my foundation. I only use this in the morning because it has an SPF15 which is great but wouldn't be suitable for the evening. But you know, it says Day Wear on the packaging ;)

These were the products I use every morning. Combined they manage to hydrate my skin, prevent fine dry lines and make my complexion look even and healthy glowing. This way I have the perfect base for a light and natural everyday makeup. 

Which products do you use in the morning? 

Love,
Cheryl


* I got this product for free but I would have purchased it if I didn't! 

6 comments:

  1. Nice to see your current routine :-) I currently use mostly Clinique skincare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just purchased a whole Clinique skincare set to put to the test, I'm usually very happy with their products so I'm pretty sure they'll be great too.

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of the eye cream, I use Botanics at the moment which makes my eyes feel cool and refreshed but I don't notice much for my dark circles so I'm looking to change when this one finishes!

    Shelise x | SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't get the brand in Switzerland so I don't know it :( I've had the best experiences with eye cream against dark circle using either the one from L'Alpage in this blogpost or using Clinique's all about eyes. I hope you find a suitable one for you :)

      Delete
  3. Estee Lauder y Clinique son nuestras favoritas
    Cocoon

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!