Sunday, 3 January 2016

Rituals Discover Laughing Buddha Set

Smile, and the world smiles back!
Rituals' Laughing Buddha collection is inspired by a symbol of happiness in Buddhism, a generous laughing Chinese monk who gave fortune, energy and health to people all over the world. 


I purchased the "Discover Laughing Buddha" set a few weeks ago when they had a special offer on and it was only CHF 14.95! I've had products from this collection before and I loved them, so I was really excited when I got the set on such a good deal. 
The set contains a full size Happy Buddha foaming shower gel sensation, a 100ml Touch of Happiness ultra rich, whipped body cream and 125g of the Good Luck sugar body scrub.


The Happy Buddha foaming shower gel sensation contains organic mandarin and yuzu extract which makes it smell fresh and citrusy. It's quite a unisex scent in my opinion so you could share it with your significant other if you like. I've never had a foaming shower gel like this one before and I'm really enjoying it! The product leaves the bottle as a gel but starts to foam instantly. The foam feels rich and luxurious on the skin and doesn't dry it out. I don't know about you but I love it when a soap or shower gel develops a lot of foam, if you like that too I'd recommend to try a foaming shower gel, it's amazing!


The Good Luck Scrub is a sugar based body scrub. I have two main criteria when it comes to testing body scrubs: Firstly, it has to feel like a scrub and exfoliate the skin without being too harsh, secondly, it has to stay on the skin when I apply it and during the time I exfoliate. Besides the biological sugar the scrub contains sweet orange and cedar wood extracts and a combination of different oils like avocado, jojoba and almond oil. The scent is warmer and more SPA-like than the scent of the foaming shower gel and its texture is slightly strange because the ingredients kind of separate in the pot. The sugar is on the side and the bottom of the pot and in the middle you can find a small lake with the wet ingredients. Anyway, it's easy to mix the scrub before applying it so I don't really mind. Quality-wise the Good Luck scrub is an absolute dream! It gently exfoliates the skin and the sugar melts with the oils so using it feels like a real treat and leaves the skin soft and glowing. 


This looks like an anti-cellulite commercial but I just wanted to show you the cream and the contrast was better when I applied it directly onto the orange ;)
The Touch of Happiness ultra rich, whipped body cream is scented with sweet orange and cedar wood, just like the scrub. I apply it directly after my little SPA treatment with the foaming shower gel and the Good Luck scrub. When you first apply it it feels slightly sticky but just for a few seconds because it sinks into the skin unbelievably quickly. It distributes easily and "leaves the skin feeling silky soft to the touch", as they write on the packaging of the tube. It doesn't provide hydration for 24h if your skin is rather dry but it does the job and smells very good. 

I'm really happy with this collection. The scent is heavenly and the quality is good to great. If you don't know Rituals at all I'd recommend to check out their products, it's a pleasure to visit their stores. They usually serve you tea and everything smells divine, who wouldn't like that?

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and thanks for stopping by! 

Love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. That sugar scrub sounds like a dream! I've never heard of it before, either

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it if you get your hands on it, it's lovely :)

      Delete
  2. I have a few products from this range myself and I agree, the smell is really heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the same set, I have to empty a few bottles in the shower before I can start using it but you made me really excited to crack it open =D
    x

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!