Sunday, 28 February 2016

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara & Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner


A few weeks ago my significant other treated me with some Bobbi Brown products. Why is that? He thought I might like them. That's why. I wasn't sure whether I should propose in that very minute, but I heard you should put a little thought into that first ;) 

The Smokey Eye Mascara turns natural lashes into dramatic looking, voluminous and long lashes. The mascara is a deep black colour and it's mat. I think the result is quite obvious in the picture below, it really does add volume and length. Luckily, it doesn't clump and it's very long wearing. I even took a shower wearing it and didn't get out of it looking like a panda, yaaay! 
On the other hand, this means it's harder to remove the product. It feels as if the mascara formed a tube around my lashes and you can feel the tubes "break" with the oils of the makeup remover, something I haven't experienced quite so clear before. It takes more effort to remove but I usually apply the mascara when I'm going out when I'm wearing more makeup than usual. So it would take me longer to remove it anyway. 


Next product I want to show you is the Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Truffle, a rich and dark brown shade. Bobbi promises a humidity-resistant 12-hour wear.




The eyeliner is very soft and easy to apply precisely and the colour payoff is great. On me the colour appears brownish-grey which makes the look a litte softer than black eyeliner. 
After application it's possible to smudge the line to get an even softer result but the eyeliner does set quickly without transferring colour to the upper lid. 


I don't wear eyeliner very often but I love the soft look of this colour and it's a product which doesn't demand a lot of effort. You simply apply it in the morning, it stays where it should and it's easy to remove whenever you want it to. I'm glad to say the Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner made me wear eyeliner more often.

The Smokey Eye Mascara is available for CHF 39, the Eyeliner for CHF 34, not inexpensive but the quality is worth the money in this case. 

Now I'm into eyeliner I'd like to know your favourite liner so I can try it. Please leave a comment below if you have a recommendation.

Love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely significant other you have :P I would love to try Bobbi Brown.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    What's On Your Nightstand?
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I feel very lucky to have him :) You should try it, some of their products are absolutely amazing!

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!