Sunday, 7 February 2016

Estée Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Mascara

Last week I've been at the Estée Lauder press event where they introduced their new launches. And let me just tell you, you're allowed to be excited, there's some good stuff coming! Among these was the Sumptuous Knockout Defining Lift and Fan Mascara* which promises maximum volume and length and perfectly separated lashes.



First of all, I love the new packaging! It's very modern in a chic kind of way. As you can see, this is a non-waterproof formula but it lasts the whole day without smudging. 
The mascara's Clump Separation brush has fine bristles which are arranged specially to fan out your lashes and give them the "wow"-effect. 


I do find the brush really good, it's quite small and a little flexible but just the right amount to still give you full control during application if this makes any sense. It's easy to reach the smaller lashes at the inner corner of the eye. One coat of this mascara is enough for a pretty day look and my lashes are already longer than usual without looking too artificial or clumpy. 

By the way, I recently purchased studio lights and I'm still learning how to get the best result using them and somehow they made my eyes look insanely blue in the picture below. If the lighting (or my eyes) is a little crazy over the next weeks, I'm sorry! I'll do my best to learn how to handle it quickly. 

one coat
I'm happy with the result of one coat but I thought I'd show you the effect of a second coat:

two coats
Now you might see my lashes slightly sticking together. The second coat adds volume and thickness but it also makes the curl of my lashes look less perfect so I prefer to apply just one coat. 

I was quite worried the mascara might be hard to remove because it lasted very well even during workouts and showering but the worries were unjustified because it's as easy to remove as any other non-waterproof mascara I own. Very long lasting, easy to remove: thumbs up! 

All in all I'm very pleased with the product. One coat creates a perfect everyday lash look with very defined and well separated lashes but to be honest I don't see a very special fan out effect. What do you think?

The mascara was released in Switzerland on the 26th of January for CHF 39. It's rather expensive but good quality too. I use it everyday since I really like to keep the mascara on top of my vanity table because it looks pretty and that's a good enough reason to use it, right?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and take care!

Cheryl


Just to let you know: The changes I mentioned a few weeks ago sadly had to be postponed due to some technical difficulties, I hope I'll be able to tell you more soon. 

*press sample

1 comment:

  1. I also have this mascara now and after using it for a few days I can safely say I like it! But I agree, you don't need to layer it too much.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!