Sunday, 21 February 2016

First Impression: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask


Hello Sunday!
Some of you might have seen pictures of people wearing these futuristic and slightly scary looking sheet masks on their faces already. For those of you who haven't: here I am! You're allowed to laugh at least a bit...
I'm sure you're familiar with Estée Lauders cult product Advanced Night Repair Serum, it's been around for about 30 years now. In January this year they launched the Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask* which I'm wearing in the picture above. The sheet mask is backed with aluminum foil to keep all the good ingredients right where they're supposed to be: on your face. At the same time it speeds up the effectiveness of the ingredients. 

The mask contains nearly half a bottle of the serum and double the amount of hyaluronic acid than Advanced Night Repair Serum does. It also contains ingredients to prevent irritated skin and to protect the skin from polluted air. 


So how do we use it? It's recommended to use one mask per week on clean skin which would turn out to be pretty expensive because a packaging of four costs CHF 120...
The mask comes in two parts, you apply the bottom half first, then add the top half. It fits quite well because the little cuts in the foil allow to adjust the mask to your face. Now leave it on for 10 minutes, remove the mask and massage the remaining liquid into your skin.  

For CHF 30 per mask I'd say I'm allowed to expect a pleasant experience and to see a difference in the appearance of my skin. 
However, I don't really like the feeling of the foil on my skin and the sheet mask is soaked with liquid so it got rather messy while applying it. 
After 10 minutes I removed the mask and my face was still very wet so it took a while to massage the liquid into my skin but there was enough to treat my neckline too, hooray! My skin felt soft and relaxed after the mask and it stayed nicely hydrated over the next two days. Nevertheless, I wasn't able to see a real difference in my skin condition after the short but luxurious treatment but you should know that I've been using the serum every night for about eight months now. You might be able to see better results if you haven't used the  serum with the same ingredients over a long period of time. Additionally, I used this mask once so I can't tell you whether there would be an improvement over time. Still, it's too expensive for me even though my skin felt good after using it.
I'm happy with the original serum and I think it delivers enough hydration and benefits for my skin which is why I'll just keep using the serum and save my money for other lovely products. 

What's your opinion on this PowerFoil Mask?

Have a lovely Sunday
Cheryl

*Press sample

7 comments:

  1. How do you look so pretty with that mask on?? I am posting my review soon and I look terrible, lol. Good to hear you liked the mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha in what world do I look pretty with that mask? ;) But thanks! I had quite some fun with it ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Kiss & Make-up ^^ :D
    But knowing how much the serum cost and how much more a lot of products going to get wasted with the mask, I think I'll give this mask a pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet, thanks :)
      Totally understand your decision

      Delete
  3. Never used this mask and I have to say it's not something I would particularly go for, I have a bad habit of buying things and never using them.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Beauty Blender Dupe//Avon Precision Make-Up Sponge
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Du hast einen schönen Beitrag geschrieben und nun eine Leserin mehr :) Herzlichst, Geena Samantha von http://mintcandy-apple.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Geena, willkommen auf meinem Blog! Es freut mich sehr, dass er dir gefällt. Ich schaue gerne auch auf deinem Blog vorbei :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!