Sunday, 14 February 2016

The Body Shop Black Musk Perfume Oil


What a pretty little flacon! That's what first drew me to this The Body Shop perfume. It was shortly before Christmas when I was on a short trip in Lyon with Mr. T. We walked past the store on our way back from the Christmas Market and I couldn't help but get in there. 

Unlike other perfumes this perfume oil comes in a small bottle without a spray nozzle and you have to apply the perfume oil in drops onto your neck or wrist pulse points. I quite like this way of application, it's like a little morning ritual. 


The scent itself is warm, sweet and sensual. It combines notes of bambinella pear, pink pepper and bergamot with licorice, black vanilla and obviously black musk. 

The Body Shop says it's a long lasting scent but I have to disagree. When I apply the drops onto my neck it takes a while for them to sink in and you can see the oily drop on the neck. During this time (about an hour) you can smell the fragrance easily but after that it's hardly noticeable. Maybe I have to try the perfume version, I love the scent for winter but I wouldn't repurchase the oil because you'd have to touch it up several times during the day if you wanted it to last. 

Anyway, I enjoy using it I just wished it would last longer. And isn't the design of the flacon gorgeous? Plain but very modern! I'm happy to have it on my shelf. The 20ml bottle is available for CHF 24.90.

Have you tried Black Musk? 

Love,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, sounds really lovely. Too bad it doesn't linger that long.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!