Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Covergirl - Plumpify Mascara by blastPRO


Look how spacy Covergirl's new helix-brush looks! The extraordinary mascara brush has two sorts of bristles to comb and lift your lashes. blastPro* is the premium version of the already known LashBlast line, guaranteeing plumping without the clumping (still chuckling to myself about the rhyme...). The product promises up to 50 times more volume because it lifts your lashes right from the roots. 


The brush has a rounded tip to reach the smaller lashes on the inner corner of the eye. This is very handy and works well but the brush in general is too big for my liking. The helix structure looks really cool though and it allows you to brush your lashes vertically without any zigzag motion, the bristles do the job for you. 


The result is nice, it's a deep black colour, adds volume and separates the lashes really well but it neither lengthens nor curls them a lot. Maybe this is because I struggle to reach the roots of my lashes due to the size of the brush. And you need to wipe the excess product from the brush, otherwise you'll create a mess around your eyes if you're as clumsy as I am. Big thumbs up for these two facts: the mascara is very buildable, it doesn't clump even if I add two or three coats and it's extremely easy to remove but lasts the whole day without smudging. I don't have the waterproof version but I wouldn't need it, this baby stays put no matter what I'm doing. 


All in all it's a good everyday mascara. At CHF 13.50 it's inexpensive and if you like big brushes and know how to handle them, you'll probably be very happy with the performance of the product. In Switzerland it'll be available in late June, other countries might already have it. 

By the way, if you're from Switzerland, don't forget to enter the Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm Giveaway. Just click here to get directly to the blogpost. 

I'm wondering if you like big brushes on mascaras? I prefer smaller ones but there must be a reason why they produce them so let me know if you're a fan :) 

Love,
Cheryl


*press sample

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds really interesting! I would love to try this one :)
    thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer medium size brushes. The big ones always make a mess, and the tiny ones take forever to coat my lashes.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!