Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Review: L'Oréal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation



Past summer I was pretty impressed by the new Lancôme Miracle Cushion Foundation and used it over the whole summer till it was completely empty. When I heard L'Oréal launched a cushion foundation, I was very intrigued. As you might know, Lancôme and L'Oréal are both owned by the same company - L'Oréal - so my hopes were high for the L'Oréal Nude Magique Cushion foundation. As Lancôme's foundation, it's a liquid and light but buildable foundation designed to give your complexion a luminous and dewy look. 


The cushion foundation comes in a compact with a built in mirror and a sponge applicator. The size of the mirror is quite generous and very handy for touch-ups on the go. I don't use the "special applicator" as L'Oréal calls the sponge applicator except for touch-ups. When I first apply the foundation I rather use a brush (I use Real Techniques stippling brush). The cushion dispenses a surprisingly high amount of product by pressing against it so it's enough to lightly dip the tip of the brush into the cushion once or twice. 


The product feels very light on the skin but the coverage isn't. You can easily get a medium coverage and build it, I just like to apply my foundation as lightly as possible to reach a very natural finish. And this compact is great for that purpose: it corrects the skin tone, makes my whole complexion look fresh and gives a healthy glow. I like to powder my T-zone after applying this foundation because dewy foundations leave it slightly shiny after a few hours. Nevertheless, the rest of the product stays exactly where it should even during a stressful day. And if you need to touch it up, the compact comes with a mirror and an applicator and both are just fine to work with. Additionally, the Nude Magique Cushion foundation has an SPF 29, which I find handy when the sun isn't strong enough yet to make sunscreen necessary. 

All in all I'm very happy with the product. It feels light, has a buildable coverage and stays on my face. I'm not sure whether girls with oily skin would be as happy with it because of the very dewy finish but for dry to normal skin it's great! As far as I know, seven shades are available in Switzerland. I've got the shade 01 porcelaine which is perfect for fair skinned girls like me. I can't remember how much I paid for the product (I have a "Spatzehirni", what a great swiss german expression) and I somehow can't find the price online but I think it was around CHF 30. 

Do you like the concept of cushion foundations? I've fallen in love with it, especially as spring/summer foundations because of their light textures and natural finish. Leave a comment below if you'd like to see a spring/summer look using this foundation as a base. 

Love,
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It does! But the packaging in the USA is rosegold, I'd rather have the american version ;)

      Delete
  2. I quickly swatched it on my hand when I was in Japan and I wasn't too impressed. But maybe I shou;d give it another chance. A proper chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how natural and glowy it looks, definitely a good high street foundation in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately, cushions don't work with my overly oily skin.
    Also i have a problem with them … I don't find them very hygienic and this really puts me off =/
    but I love how this one looks, i wish it'd work better on my skin.
    xx
    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!