Sunday, 29 May 2016

Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Diamond Transformative Energy Eye Cream - Luxury in a Jar?

Have you ever looked at Estée Lauder's Ultimate Diamond collection? 
The luxurious collection of skincare comes in beautiful and heavy jars or flacons which will catch your eye immediately in stores. 

I got the chance to test the Re-Nutriv Ultimate Diamond Transformative Energy Eye Cream, the name already is a challenge to remember (but worth it!). Take a look at the dazzling jar of eye cream: 



You get a fancy "facetted massage wand" with your purchase which I don't have so I tap the product lightly into the skin of my eye area using the tip of my ring finger. The cream has a rich texture yet doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I apply it twice a day but if you have oily or combination skin it might be too heavy to use in the morning. 

To be honest, I couldn't remember what effect this eye cream should have when I started using it so I decided to just go with it and carefully watch my skin for changes. It didn't take more than a couple of days to notice my eye area looked brighter and my dark circles were less visible. 

After a while I read the product description carefully to see what it says: The Re-Nutriv eye cream is designed to "energize" your eye area. It brightens, firms, lifts and revitalizes it while reducing the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. Sounds good to me!

Luckily, my eye area doesn't need firming or lifting yet and I usually don't have puffy eyes but dark circles are an always present, yet unwanted guest on my face. This eye cream helped a lot to reduce them and make my eye area look brighter and fresh and it does a really good job at moisturizing the delicate skin too. The product is a pleasure to use, it does exactly what I want my eye cream to do and my skin definitely likes it.  


You guessed it right, there's a BUT: It's the price. As lovely as this product is, CHF 285 for 15ml of eye cream seems very expensive to me. Maybe it's because of the Black Diamond Truffle Extract in the product? 

I didn't know about the price until I started writing this blogpost, now I feel oh so princessy using the product. Still, this is hands down the best eye cream I've ever used and I'll be sad when this jar is empty because I just can't bring myself to paying that much for skincare. 

What's your opinion on luxury skincare? Would you pay the price if the product is perfect for you?

Love,
Cheryl


*product sent for consideration, all opinions are honest and my own

8 comments:

  1. This eye-cream sounds perfect. It may be worth the price if the quality is great!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is great, I wish I could justify spending that much money on an eye cream ...

      Delete
  2. I have spotted you on Fleur's blog and I decided to come and say hi! I really enjoy reading your posts. I would love it if you stopped over at my blog, too: shoppingobsessive.blogspot.com
    Are you up for any collaborations?
    xox, The Shopping Addict

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, exactly my thoughts: wonderful but oh so damn expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad, I'd love to include it in my routine

      Delete
  4. Seems like a great product!

    Take care doll! Oh, I'm hosting a giveaway, I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have this eye cream and I have to admit it has been a life savior for my under eye area. My skin type is normal except for the under eye area and the skin between my brows where it's always really dry.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!