Sunday, 22 May 2016

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

Hello there!

Did a product ever save your day? 
The Klorane Dry Shampoo with oat milk once did it for me and I'm going to tell you why. I was really late for work and didn't have time to wash my hair even though it looked gross. My trusted Batiste dry shampoo stood empty in my bathroom at this time and walking around with greasy roots doesn't make me feel very comfortable. So I went to work and used my coffee break to visit the drugstore on the other side of the street to get my hands on a dry shampoo. The only one they offered was the product in the picture below and I obviously didn't have a choice but to buy it (very dramatic, I know). 


So I stood in the middle of the office to test the product because no one there ever used a dry shampoo and they were pretty intrigued to see how it works. They were mildly surprised by the fact that my hair was completely white after applying it. I left it on my hair for 2 or 3 minutes, then brushed it thoroughly till the powder was no longer visible. And know what? My hair looked  insanely voluminous instead of greasy.

Beside volume the product adds texture too and both stay for a while. 
The product contains oat milk to soften and moisturize the hair and it doesn't contain paraben, sulfate or sodium-chlorene. 

Why isn't it my favourite dry shampoo, then? 
The white powder is very obvious after the product was applied and it does take some real effort to brush it out. I guess if your hair is darker, it might be difficult to remove all of it. Another thing I don't really like about the Klorane dry shampoo is its scent. It does smell natural but reminds me of powder and greens and it just lingers too long for a product I'm using on my hair. I don't like it if the scent of a product competes with my perfume if you know what I mean...

Nevertheless, if my hair is really greasy and I can't wash my hair, this product does a better job than any dry shampoo I've ever used before. It takes you about 5 minutes to get your hair clean but that's still way faster than washing and blow drying your hair. 

Mine is empty now and I'm wondering whether I should repurchase it. It's available for CHF 14.80, which I think is rather expensive for a dry shampoo so I might look for a different one. 

Which dry shampoo do you use? Would you recommend it?

Love,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. I don't use any particular dry shampoo, but I'll give a try to this one if I get a chance to!

    Claire from Dresscape
    www.dresscape.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really like this one either because of the white residue. But Klorane does one that's not an aerosol. The bottle is made out of flexible plastic which means that you can just squish it and it sort of vaporises the product out. I found that it left less white residue and I used to love it. (than I discovered Colab ... ^^)
    xx

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!