Thursday, 26 May 2016

Max Factor Voluptuous False Lash Effect Mascara

Over the last two weeks I've been testing the new Max Factor Voluptuous False Lash Effect Mascara and I'm ready to share my thoughts with you. 

Oh look, there's a photo!
(I'm in a very strange mood today, sorry about that)


Does this brush look familiar to you? Well, it should. Remember the new helix brush of the Covergirl Plumpify by BlastPRO mascara? That's the brush! 

The products do contain pretty much the same ingredients so they're similar but I don't think they're exactly the same. 

So my advantage was that I already knew how to use the brush on my lashes: just brush them vertically without the zigzag. I still think the brush is too big but I'm getting used to it. 

I don't really care how the packaging of a mascara looks, as long as the product is of high quality but it still influences my decision whether to purchase a product or not. In this case I wouldn't have bought the mascara if I didn't read positive reviews first because I don't really like the combination of gold and teal. What do you think?

I took a picture of my eyes without wearing mascara so you'll be able to see the difference the mascara makes:




Even though the products are pretty much the same, I think the Max Factor mascara is slightly dryer which isn't necessarily a bad thing because the texture of the Covergirl mascara was quite wet and this mascara doesn't transform to your upper lid as fast and my lashes are still nicely separated. 

Here's the result:


This mascara definitely does the trick for me! If you're looking for the false lash effect, here it is. One coat elongates the lashes and adds the right amount of volume for a normal day, two or more coats add the drama and you're good to go. 

The volume and length last well so your lashes will look fabulous all day.

Nevertheless, if I take a shower wearing the Voluptuous False Lash Effect mascara I don't get the panda eyes but the mascara starts flaking off after a little while. Now that I know this, I just use a different mascara whenever I'm going to the gym in my lunch break. 

I noticed that I use this mascara often even after the "test phase" which tells me I really like this product. I'm slightly worried it'll dry out rather quickly because of its texture. If it does I'll let you know.

The Max Factor Voluptuous False Lash Effect Mascara is available for CHF 24.90. 

So what do you think? Is this your desired false lash effect?

Love,
Cheryl


* This product was sent to me for consideration, all opinions are my own

2 comments:

  1. Great mascara! Thanks for sharing!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much lash! I love the look of this mascara - big brushes always work for me :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!