Sunday, 26 June 2016

Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation - Create a radiant summer look

Summer is the time to wear glowy and light makeup for me and almost every year I'm on the hunt for "the" perfect summer foundation. So far I've always been very happy with my picks. See what I went for this season:



Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation is an oil-free foundation with SPF 15. Its aim is to create an even and radiant finish for a "natural lit-from-within" glow. 

The time I went to Marionnaud to find a new summer foundation, they had a professional makeup artist there who recommended this foundation and did my whole makeup including it. (Side note: I think I've never worn that much bronzer ever before). After walking around wearing the product for a day I chose to buy it because it feels very light and almost gel like on the skin.



A huge plus is that the product comes with a pump which makes it really easy to dose the amount of foundation you want to apply and keeps the product inside happy and hygienic. The whole sleek and modern design of the flacon looks great. 



The consistency is slightly runnier than what I'm used to, it's comparable to Chanel's Vitalumière Aqua. The texture makes it easy to apply it evenly on the skin, I like to use a fluffy face brush such as the Real Technique's expert face brush for application. 


Even though the product description says the foundation has a light to medium coverage, light is the best you can do, it's not that simple to build. It evens out the skin tone and makes my skin look healthier and more illuminated but it doesn't cover blemishes.

My skin looks fine most of the time. It's a little stressed right now but if I have a few little blemishes, I rather use a light foundation to make my complexion look good and conceal the spots in need of some extra coverage than cover my whole skin with a thick layer of foundation. 

You can see the result on the right side, I've done my brows and my eyes but on my skin I've only applied the Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation so you can see how it looks on the skin.

The finish is natural and radiant, just like Smashbox promises. I usually add a powder around my T-zone to make sure glowy doesn't turn into shiny/oily during the day. 

If you're looking for a light, illuminating foundation for summer I'd recommend to give Liquid Halo a try. I'm happy with my pick and really enjoy using the product.

In Switzerland Smashbox is available at Marionnaud, the foundation costs CHF 52. 

What's your go-to summer foundation?


Have a great day!

Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to pick this up again, thanks for reminding me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I wish my skin wasn't so oily so that I could try all the luminous and light foundation out there !!!
    xx
    <a href="http://feathersandbrushes.ch »>Macha @ Feathers and Brushes</a>

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!