Sunday, 3 July 2016

Caudalie Grape Water - Relaxation in a Bottle

There are products you need to keep your skin healthy and hydrated or to treat a particular need of your skin. And there are products designed just to make your day that little bit better, a little treat to your soul more than to your skin. One of those products is Caudalie's Grape Water, a face mist to soothe and moisturize the skin. 

The grape water is gained from Merlot and Muscat grapes from the south of France where they're especially high in sugar. After pressing the grapes they are distilled and through evaporation the grape water is captured. Adding some red grape juice, the signature Caudalie Grape Water comes into being. The hypotonic water sinks into the skin cells easily to add moisture. 


The mist soothes, freshens and moisturizes the skin and feels cooling, which is the products effect I enjoy the most. The mist isn't delicately fine, the face does get wet when using the grape water but sometimes this is just what I need. Those are the three cases I use it:

After my workout: Spraying some grape water onto my face cools down my skin and makes the normal color of my face return quicker. 

After depilating my legs: Using an epilator to get rid of the hair on my legs doesn't make them look pretty for about an hour. Fair enough, it plucks every single hair with its root right out of the skin. Not going into detail here but my legs look reddish and a tad bit swollen after this beauty regimen, and that's when the grape water comes into play. It soothes the poor stressed skin on my legs with its cooling and calming effect. 

After being in the sun: Sun can be very stressful for the skin. I do use sun screen religiously but my face still likes some extra care after being in the sun. Grape water feels lovely and relaxing on my warm face.  

Honestly, this is not a product you need to take good care of your skin but it's the icing on the cake. It makes some moments more enjoyable and it's totally OK to treat yourself to a princess product every once in a while. This isn't even an expensive one, for CHF 7.90 it is a nice little product to carry around in your handbag or to keep in a drawer at work. As soon as mine's empty, a new one will take its place. 

Do you own a princess product? 

Love,
Cheryl


* press sample, all opinions are honest and my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!