Sunday, 10 July 2016

Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream - SPF 25

Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream has been on the market for a while but only recently found its way into my makeup bag when I got the chance to choose this product from the parfumcity.ch website to put to the test. 

It claims to revitalize, protect and to even the skin tone for a more beautiful-looking skin. Additionally, it's designed to reduce the visibility of imperfections, lines and wrinkles with its light to medium coverage. 


The product contains 4.7% titanium dioxide, a white mineral pigment reflecting UVA and UVB rays. Titanium dioxide is often used in foundation, either for sun protection or as a pigment which would then be listed as CI 77891. In this BB cream it is added both as a pigment and for sun protection. 

Clarins' BB Skin Perfecting Cream has an SPF 25 which is higher than any other foundation's SPF in my collection. Hooray! 

I went for the lightest shade available, 00 fair. In my opinion, the shade is rather dark to be the lightest shade. It's still too dark for my skin because my face didn't see that much sun yet. I guess choosing Norway as my summer travel destination this year doesn't change much...


The cream's texture is rich and feels similar to a sun cream. It takes some effort to apply it evenly onto the skin to prevent it from looking streaky. I'd recommend using a flat foundation brush, it takes some time to apply the BB cream but the result is nice. 

I'd describe the finish rather dewy than satiny, I definitely need to use a mattifying powder to set everything because it tends to look too shiny on my face. 

The product corrects the skin tone and does make me look more awake but the coverage is too light to cover imperfections. However, we do all have a concealer, right?


What I don't like about this product is that I can feel it's on my skin because it's slightly sticky. I prefer to apply sunscreen and a light foundation on top but that's a matter of taste. 

Two plusses to end this blogpost: The tube packaging in red and gold doesn't take up too much space but looks chic and the tube contains the generous amount of 45ml. 

Clarins' BB Skin Perfectin Cream is available for CHF 46, I ordered mine on parfumcity.ch.

Have you tried this BB cream? What are your thoughts on it?

Love,
Cheryl


*sponsored content, all opinions are honest and my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!