Sunday, 24 July 2016

Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Whipped Body Cream - How to look after your skin and make your flat smell nice at the same time

Every summer, Estée Lauder treats us with their beautiful Bronze Goddess collection. The signature scent of the collection is very memorable and smelling it always reminds me of summer. 


Over the past three weeks I've been using these products on a daily basis. Because there's a lot to tell you about them, today's focus is on the Bronze Goddess Whipped Body Creme and I'll talk about the Summer Glow Multi-Palette and the Powder Bronzer in a separate review. 

Even though the product leaves a gorgeous bronzed effect on the skin, I won't include the Bronze Goddess Gelée Bronzer in a blogpost because it made my skin break out badly so I'll go straight to the Whipped Body Cream. 

The Bronze Goddess Whipped Body Cream comes in a 200ml pot packed in a lovely designed box. 


The cream feels weirdly spongy in the pot when I touch it. Bearing in mind that this doesn't say anything about the quality of this product and I'm just being silly, I'll try to give you some useful information about the product now: The formula is rich but easy to apply and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It leaves my skin soft with a lovely summery smell. 

Other than most body creams I used, the scent of this one lingers on the skin for hours and I guess it would interfere with perfume. EL describes the fragrance as "solar floral". It's a sweet fragrance and beside the floral note I notice apricot and a hint of coconut, the ingredients list doesn't show anything coconut related though. 

I usually apply body lotion and body creams in the evening and I did the same with this one. Now our whole bedroom smells like Bronze Goddess and I'm telling you, applying it once is enough to make the bedroom smell for days even if your windows are open during the night. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind at all because I think the scent is just divine. What I wanted to tell you is that the scent isn't exactly discreet if that's what you're looking for. 

The only negative aspect I see in this product is that it comes in a pot. The heavenly smell and the soft skin I'm left with make me forget about the pot thing though. 

Estée Lauder's Bronze Goddess Whipped Body Cream is available for CHF 52.

What do you think of the Bronze Goddess collection?

Love,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. I nearly finished my tub of Whipped Body Cream. Loooooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this sounds like such an incredible body cream! I love Estee Lauder xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!