Sunday, 17 July 2016

Makeup Revolution London Salvation Palette Iconic Pro 1 - Review and Swatches

Not too long ago I got my hands on Makeup Revolution London's Salvation Palette Iconic Pro 1, which is said to be a dupe for the well-known Lorac Pro 1. I've never had the chance to try any products from Makeup Revolution and I have to admit I didn't expect too much because of the low price. 


Makeup Revolution has a nice selection of different palettes, most of them resembling fairly popular high-end palettes. I went for the Iconic Pro 1 due to its good combination of light and nude shades. 

The palette is available for CHF 15.50 and it sure doesn't look cheap:





The packaging has a modern matt design with a golden imprint and even though it contains 16 shades weighing 1 gram each (for comparison: MAC shades are 1.5 grams each) it isn't too large. 

The palette comes with a double-ended brush I never used, I just like my MAC 217 brushes too much...     

                         
The top half of the shades are matte, the other half shimmery. It was a nice surprise to see how pigmented the shades are. Have a look:


                                                                   
On most days I use a combination of Luna, Enigma and Fade - a beautiful greige - to create a natural everyday look. Luna is the perfect base colour for my skin tone, Ghost on the other hand looks too white on my already pale skin. Drama, Afflicted and Pitch take more effort to blend, I only use them to line my lash line. 




The shimmers are less neutral and just as beautiful as the matte shades. Need and Dawn are great for highlighting the inner corner of my eyes. To create a classy look for a night out I'm especially enjoying Breathe and Too Grey, the two shades in the middle. Stage makes the colour of my blue eyes pop. Again, the dark shades, Addicted and Player are quite hard to blend.

After doing the swatches, it took me a good while to remove the eye shadows. I used a primer under the matte shades and I ended up using the Lush lip scrub to remove every last bit. I never experienced this problem when I applied the shades onto my eye lids, I guess it's easier to remove them after a few hours than right after applying them. 

High pigmentation and great staying power leave me impressed by this palette, for CHF 15.50 the quality is amazing. This is a real bargain and it definitely isn't my last Makeup Revolution palette. 

In Switzerland, Makeup Revolution London is available on parfumcity.ch

Have you ever tried any products from Makeup Revolution? Do you have any tips which product to try next?


Love,
Cheryl


*Sponsored post, all opinions are honest and my own

1 comment:

  1. I love makeup revolution, I really need to pick this palette up!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!