Wednesday, 6 July 2016

What's in my Travel MakeUp Bag

By the time you're reading this I'm on my way to Norway. I haven't been abroad for a while so I'm looking forward to the two weeks ahead of me, exploring the nature and cities of this beautiful country. 

I didn't want to bring a huge amount of makeup with me because we're enjoying the nature and haven't planned any fancy evenings out but I still like to have some options, that's why I often take palettes with me. 

These are the products I'll be doing my makeup with over the next two weeks: 



It doesn't look like a lot but it's enough to do a fresh and nice everyday makeup with the option to create a smoky eye too. There's a powder in the bag as well, it just wanted to stay in there for this photo... 

That's what's in there for my face (I know, all the products go onto my face but I'm talking about the skin perfecting type of products here): 


I start doing my makeup by concealing my dark circles with Estée Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in Place Flawless Wear concealer which has been my favourite for about a year now. It's extremely easy to blend, highly pigmented and works for the under eye area as well as to cover blemishes. 

Of course, this years summer foundation - Smashbox' Liquid Halo - is in the bag too next to my Rimmel Stay Matte powder to set foundation and concealer. 

A recent addition to my makeup bag is Estée Lauder's Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi Palette, a gorgeous palette including a bronzer, blush and highlighter for a radiant and light summer look. 


The trustworthy Urban Decay Primer Potion is packed to set the pretty eyeshadows from my new Makeup Revolution London Salvation Palette Iconic 1. I'll do a review with swatches soon so you'll be able to see that there's a clear difference between the light shades... I chose to bring this palette because it's not too big but offers a nice selection of light, dark, matte and shimmery shades. 

Smashbox makes my eyebrows look pretty, Max Factor's Voluptuous False Lash Effect mascara takes care of my lashes. I chose this mascara because it doesn't smudge and it's still easy to remove. 


One lipstick found the way into my travel makeup bag. It's Estée Lauders Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion in vague obsession.


And of course I'm taking brushes with me too. Four face brushes from Real Techniques, Sephora and Eco Tools, two MAC 217 and an angled brush from Eco Tools which I don't use for my eyebrows but to line my upper lash line with dark eye shadow. 

Before I leave for a holiday I always test my travel makeup bag by only using the products in there for one or two days to see whether I like to work with my picks or if I'm missing something. 

My fun little travel makeup bag is from Uitknippen, an accessory label belonging to one of my dearest friends. She and a friend of hers make different styles of bags using recycled material. Check out their online store if you're interested in their products: Uitknippen Online Store 

That's everything makeup related I'm taking to Norway with me.  What's in your travel makeup bag? Let me know in the comments below. 

Have a great day!



Cheryl


1 comment:

  1. Nice little selection you've got there =D
    I kind of want to try that foundation though I'm really not in the mood for foundation at the moment ...
    Hope you have a fantastic time in Norway. I've never been there but I'd love to !!!
    (if you want to see what's in my makeup bag, it's all there : Macha @ Feathers and Brushes

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!