Sunday, 7 August 2016

Natural Summer Look including Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi-Palette and Powder Bronzer

Over the last couple of weeks I played around with Estée Lauder's Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi-Palette and the Powder Bronzer from the same collection. Instead of just reviewing them I'll show you a simple and natural summer look including both products.

This is what I've used:


As you can see, there's no foundation in the picture. I didn't forget to put it on the photo, I often don't wear foundation during summer if my skin doesn't look too bad. After applying concealer I powder the areas where I've used it to set everything and add some powder to my T-zone to prevent shine. 

On my eyebrows I'm wearing Estée Lauder's Brow Now All in One Brow Kit in 01 blonde and L'Oréals Brow Artist Plumper. I've applied breathe from the Makeup Revolution London Salvation Palette Iconic Pro 1 all over my eyelid. The mascara I chose is Yves Rocher's Vertige Longueur mascara, you'll soon see a review on the blog. 


There's nothing bright or bold about this look, it's just a lightly sun kissed look for everyday. 

This summer's Bronze Goddess Collection includes a gigantic bronzer, mine is in the colour 01 light. Look at the beautiful packaging:


The bronzer comes with a brush. I've tried it but it's not as soft as I like brushes to be and the bristles are quite stiff which allows precise application but makes it difficult to blend the product. 


If you're like me, you'll enjoy swirling your brush in this generously sized bronzer. But you must know, this product is nicely pigmented so your brush will pick up enough colour to paint your whole face. 


I apply the bronzer onto my temples and under my cheekbones. To make the bronzer look softer, I switch products and take my Summer Glow Multi-Palette. The contouring shade in there is slightly less pigmented and the shade is more pink toned. Using the same brush, I apply it onto my cheeks, my temples and my jawbone. So basically, I'm using the bronzer to contour and the contouring shade to bronze... I'm such a rebel! 


The highlighter is perfect for the inner corner of my eyes, it makes me look more awake. It's shimmery but not too shimmery and the pigmentation is good. I hardly ever use highlighter on other parts of my face than the inner corner of my eyes, I'm happy enough with a natural glow. Maybe I should try to do the highlighter challenge I've seen on youtube several times, I guess I would get used to wearing highlighter that way... 

To finish my summer look I apply the gorgeous corally pink blush onto the apples of my cheeks. And that's it! 

I've swatched the shades for you to get a closer look:


The darker brown shade on the right is the Powder Bronzer. 

Especially the blush makes the Summer Glow Multi-Palette worth a try. It makes my cheeks look naturally flushed and gives my face a healthy and fresh look. The combination of both products makes me look and feel sun kissed, which is lovely considering I haven't seen much sun yet (I'm working on that!).

In my opinion, both products are worth the money. Beautiful pigmentation, impeccable quality and gorgeous shades make them summer favourites for me. 

The bronzer is available for CHF 60, the Multi-Palette for around CHF 65. 

What's your favourite product for a summer look?

Love,
Cheryl


*press samples

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!