Sunday, 11 September 2016

Estée Lauder Fall 2016 News - First Impression

In late August, Estée Lauder presented their exciting fall news. I didn't have the chance to test them thoroughly yet, but I'd like to share my fist impression on them. Most of the new launches are skincare products but we've got a new lipstick and a foundation too.


The first product I tried is the new Pure Color Envy Hi-Lustre-Light Lipstick in "naked ambition", a beautiful brownish red shade. The glossy finish makes my lips look extra plump and juicy. The product contains jojoba, sunflower seed and avocado oils as well as hyaluronic acid which add moisture and make the lipstick feel great on the lips. The Hi-Lustre-Light lipsticks are available in 12 shades for CHF 44 each. 


In a few days the new Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup will be available in Switzerland. The foundation has a gel formula and comes with a cushion applicator designed to create a natural finish. I have the shade Pebble which is too dark for me, but hey, why not use it as a contouring stick? This actually works great with the build in applicator and allows to create a very naturally "shaped" look. The formula feels light on the skin and it's easy to blend and yes, the applicator can be removed and washed with water and normal soap. The Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup is available in six shades for CHF 52 each.


New Dimension was introduced last year and they extended their line this fall with the Sculpt and Glow face mask and the Smooth and Tone Creme-Glove hand cream. The face mask has to be applied generously for five minutes before you gently remove the excess product with a tissue leaving a thin film of the product to work on the skin over night. It makes my complexion look slightly more radiant but there's no miraculous effect. But to be fair, the whole line is meant for more mature skin. The hand cream works pretty much the same, in my case it does a good job at moisturizing my skin but I can't see any special plumping effect because there's nothing on my hands that needs plumping yet. The products are available for CHF 86 (face mask) and CHF 52 (hand cream).


The most interesting looking product are the Advanced Night Repair Intense Recovery Ampoules. Each of the little ampoules contains a dose of an anti-stress treat for irritated skin which can be used as an intense treatment over two weeks or just occasionally. Sadly, my skin doesn't like the product, it doesn't sink in but leaves an oily layer on top of it. I'm pretty sure I'll find someone who'll be happier with this product than I am.


Estée Lauder developed some products using Moringa, a tropical tree containing large amounts of valuable nutrients. They used it for example in their Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Creme for an even and radiant complexion. I used the product as a night cream for a few days now and like it so far. It nourishes my skin and doesn't feel too heavy. This product is available for CHF 86. 


The last skincare product I got at the press event is a little golden pot which looks so nice and luxurious, I didn't even dare to crack it open yet. The Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Regenerating Youth Creme contains Floralixir Dew which is gained from the dew of two very special flowers. The cream fights signs of aging and tightens the skin. Because this is a new line available from October, I'll do a full review on this product soon. 


Last but not least is my favourite new Estée Lauder product: Modern Muse Nuit. This scent smells absolutely delicious. It combines floral notes with wooden notes, vanilla and musk, a combination adding up to a warm and very sensual fragrance. I instantly fell in love with it! Even Mr. T noticed the new scent right away and commented on how fantastic it is. I'm sorry to tell you that this scent isn't available before October 24 but I highly recommend giving it a try as soon as it's on the market. 


I hope you enjoyed this little overview. If you like to know more about a product, please let me know. This way I can plan a full review on the products you're interested in. 

Enjoy the sunny day!

Love, 
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm quite surprised that you didn't like the ampoules ... I haven't tried them yet but I hope I'll be able to soon (my skin is acting up at the moment so I've resorted to using just Dr Hauschka again) and that they do wonder for my skin :P
    I really like the hand cream and how it makes my hands feel but who does actually spend 52.- on hand cream ? ^^ Hihi
    xx
    Macha @ Feathers and Brushes

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!