Sunday, 2 October 2016

Review: Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream & Deep Cleansing Exfoliator - Face Scrubs for Sensitive Skin

When I received the two little tubes with their wooden lid I was already hooked. It seems like a simple, natural design is all it takes to make me want a product. I've been more than happy with the products from Caudalie I've tried so far so I didn't expect any less of the new Gentle Buffing Cream and the Deep Cleansing Exfoliator. 

The tubes contain 75ml for CHF 24.60 and they're available in pharmacies. Once a week I apply one of the scrubs to my damp face and lightly massage in a circular motion before rinsing with lukewarm water. 


The Gentle Buffing Cream is designed to cleanse and purify sensitive skin and to stimulate cell renewal. It contains jojoba microbeads for an extra gentle exfoliation, grape oil - one of Caudalie's signature ingredients and acacia honey. Its scent is fresh, creamy and slightly sweet and I can smell a hint of lavender. 

The product is very gentle indeed, using it feels like a soft massage for my face. My skin feels perfectly clean and smooth after the routine and it makes my complexion look healthy, I dare say it did remove the dead cells. Best part: it doesn't dry my skin out at all!

The Deep Cleansing Exfoliator is for all skin types, especially recommended for combination to oily skin. It's created to purify and refine dull skin. The scent of this one is more citrussy, a combination of grapefruit, oranges and mint. 

The beads are noticeably rougher than in the Gentle Buffing Cream, think of the feeling you have while walking shoeless on a beach. It's pleasant but there's definitely some work done on your skin. And it's visible, too! As the product promises, after using the Deep Cleansing Exfoliator my pores look cleared and it makes my whole face look bare. I don't mean this in a negative way, it's like a little reset, my face looks squeaky clean. I usually wipe my face with a micellar water on a cotton pad after this exfoliator to prepare my skin for moisturizer.

Bottom line for Caudalie's new face scrubs: They're gentle enough to use on sensitive and dry skin but they still manage to exfoliate the skin and make your complexion look healthy and smooth. That's a big thumbs up for both products!

Love,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear it's a double win with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a great product. Would love to try them. Are they only meant for sensitive skin? Since you say it didn't dry out your skin at all, maybe it will work well on dry skin too. What do you say?

    x www.beforbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the gentle buffing cream would be worth a try if your skin is dry. It worked great on my skin :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!