Monday, 9 January 2017

Wrapping up 2016 - Starting 2017

Hi there!

It's been a while since you last heard from me, I've had a busy end of the year and an even busier start into 2017. But now I'm back for a little wrap up of the past year. Instead of just showing you my 2016 favourites I divided them into four categories. Enjoy!


Most used brand

The brand I used most this year is Louis Widmer, a Swiss skincare brand. Even though I didn't talk too much about their products, I've been using them constantly for years and I've discovered new products I love during the year too such as the skin appeal face cream which helped me when my skin went through a bad phase. Another product you should try is their shower cream which isn't in the picture below, it's a delicate scented and velvety feeling shower cream which makes my skin feel so soft! One of their older products I highly recommend is the Louis Widmer After Sun, it's by far the best product I've ever used to cool off the skin after a sunbath and keep it hydrated. I'll tell you more about their sun protection on the blog soon. Sadly, the brand is hard to get outside Switzerland, I still hope you can get your hands on the products if you like the sound of them. 



A close second was Estée Lauder, because I use their Advanced Night repair serum, an eye cream and a bunch of gorgeous makeup items on a daily basis. Caudalie is on the third place due to their marvelous face masks, scrubs and princess products such as their Eau de beauté.

Most used product
Out of the many products I used during the year the one I was most loyal to is Caudalie's makeup removing cleansing oil. I've tested other products too, but this just removes aaaall the bad stuff and makes my face clean again. It doesn't dry out my skin at all and smells of almonds. Total win! :) 



Most exciting launch 2016
In my opinion, the most exciting launch this year was Estée Lauders Modern Muse Nuit. This may sound lame because it's "just" a perfume but I'll explain why it isn't. A scent is the thing I remember about people, if I smell a perfume someone I know wears, I instantly think of this person. It's like a part of your identity. So this is a scent I instantly fell in love with, it's luxurious, sweet and I dare to say sexy while it's still chic. This is the fragrance I wear whenever I want that extra little something to boost my confidence. I got a lot of compliments wearing it and I smile every time I'm applying it because I just love this scent. 



Most surprising product

I've talked about this on the blog already, the product which really surprised me this year was Yves Rochers Vertigo Length mascara. The brush is tiny but it does an incredible job! It's easy to handle because you can reach even the tiniest of lashes and it really opens up the eyes. Read the full review here.



So that's it for my 2016 special favourites and I'm ready to start 2017. Did you make any new years resolutions? I only made one and that's to take more time for myself. The last three months have been rather stressful for me and I missed blogging, cooking, working out on a regular basis and spending plenty of time with Mr. T, family and friends. So what are my plans for 2017? I chose to take less lectures at uni this semester to be able to do more things that make me happy. Hopefully, I'll have more time for blogging because I've been working on a new blog design for what feels like ages now and I definitely don't want to postpone redesigning the blog a lot longer. Besides beauty I'd like to include more lifestyle-related posts about cooking, traveling and just other stuff I like on the "new" blog. Let me know what you think about that in the comments below.


In a few days I'll fly to Thailand, a vacation I'm really looking forward to. That's why you'll hear about Louis Widmer sun protection again soon as well as other Thailand-related posts, something about workouts and much more because I have a lot of catching up to do. 


Until then, have a great time and take care!



Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!