Sunday, 26 February 2017

Introducing Physicians Formula

For a short while Physicians Formula has been available in Switzerland and I had the chance to put some products to the test. I heard a lot about the brand, especially the mascaras and the bronzer, but the products I'm showing you today are the first one's I've ever tried. Pretty exciting! Physicians Formula is a Californian brand known for their products for sensitive skin. 





The Organic Wear CC (Curl and Care) Mascara was the first thing I tried and a real disappointment. Not because the product was bad, I didn't even get there. It has already dried out when I opened the packaging. Even though I couldn't see anything, the packaging must have been damaged so the product wasn't usable anymore. That's why I can't tell you anymore than that I like the design. 



The Concealer Twins are available in green and yellow, green to hide redness and imperfections, the yellow to cover dark circles. I've got the green one which is slightly too dark for my skin tone and yes, I'm talking about the green here. It does correct redness but the colour is too strong for my pale skin so even with the light concealer shade on top, the green is still visible. Additionally, the light concealer is pink toned whereas my skin has yellow undertones. Bottom line: the concept is great and I can see that it would work because it does on my hands where my skin is a little more tanned. It's just not the right shade for my face. 



This pretty lingerie design Custom Eye Enhancing Nude palette contains nine nude shades with a pearly shimmer. The shades are cool toned, all of them have a nearly silvery look that doesn't suit me very well. The shades blend nicely but they don't last very long. Nevertheless, the pigmentation is good and every single particle seems to be shimmery just the way I liked it when I was younger. I think this would be a perfect palette for younger girls starting to play around with make-up. The packaging is cute, however, it feels a bit cheap because of the combination of plastic and cardboard. 



Spoiler alert: The next three products are not only gorgeous but great quality too! 
I tested the Magic Mosaic Multi-Colored Custom Bronzer, the Bronze Booster BB Bronzer and the Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls Bronzer. All of them are beautifully pigmented, last the whole day and apply evenly and they come with a bottom compartment with a mirror and a little brush. 

Looking at the Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls Bronzer I thought it was a highlighter first because it is very shimmery but as the name says, it's a bronzer. I'm not a fan of shimmery cheeks, I hardly ever wear powder highlighter so this will never be my favourite even though the quality is impeccable. I swatched it in the picture below and as you can see it is darker than it looks in the pan. It contains 8g of product, whereas the other two contain 9g for pretty much the same price. 


Powder Palette Bronzer - Magic Mosaic Multi-Colored Bronzer - Bronze Booster BB Bronzer
The one I found most intriguing was the Magic Mosaic Multi-Colored Bronzer. The shades are mostly matte but there's a perfect hint of shimmer in them. The concept of this product is that it contains a perfect shade for you whether your skin is tanned in summer or pale in winter, you just have to swirl your brush in the right part of the product. I'd say the product is made for a medium skin tone because the pale parts are rather small so your brush will pick up more of the darker shades and if you're as pale as I am, it will look too obvious on your skin. But if your skin tone is a little darker than mine, this product might be the perfect all-in-one bronze and contour powder for you.

Lastly, the Bronze Booster BB Bronzer was the one I expected to be too dark for my skin but it's not! I instantly fell in love with it after applying it for the first time. It blends together with my skin tone and leaves my complexion looking even and naturally sun kissed. Because it's a BB Bronzer it looks very smooth and it allegedly has a hydrating effect which I honestly couldn't see. Anyway, it's a bronzer that does more than just warming up my complexion, it makes it look more even and glowy, contains Vitamin C and E and has an SPF 20. Total win, right?


All in all I'm very happy with the quality of the bronzers and I'd love to try some blushes and a mascara as well. Sadly, the brand isn't available in Switzerland anymore so I can only get it when I'm abroad. I wasn't too convinced by the concealer and the eye palette but that's just due to my personal taste. 

Are you familiar with Physicians Formula? What's your favourite product from the brand?

Have a great day!
Cheryl


*press samples, all opinions are honest and my own

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Cheryl

    Vielen Dank für deine ehrliche Meinung. Mir geht es ganz ähnlich wie dir, wenn es darum geht, die perfekte Farbe zu finden. Bin nämlich auch so ein Helles :)

    Und schade, dass der Mascara bereits ausgetrocknet war..

    Ganz liebe Grüsse
    Isabel

    www.isacosmetics.ch

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!