Sunday, 23 April 2017

Review - John Frieda Luxurious Volume Inner Power Collection for Fine Hair

Over the last couple of weeks I've been testing some products from John Frieda's new Luxurious Volume Inner Power* collection for fine hair, namely the Protein Shampoo and Conditioner as well as the Volume Concentrate. 

The products contain protein to strengthen the hair over time, which makes it look more voluminous. I've been using the original John Frieda Touchably Full Shampoo regularly and really like it so my expectations for this new collection were quite high. 


Strangely, the scent of the Shampoo and Conditioner reminds me of hair spray, which is kind of weird considering I'm using shampoo to wash my hair and get rid of any product in them. After the first couple of times of just using the shampoo and conditioner, I didn't notice any difference in the general appearance of my hair. This changed after using the products for about two weeks straight. My hair definitely had more body and grip. Sadly, it felt dryer too. I can get away using the products once a week without my hair getting too dry but to be honest, the effect of using it only once a week just isn't as good.

However, using the Volume Concentrate on its own is enough to add extra volume to my hair and this volume stays for two or even three days. No drying effects here. For some reason, when I use the concentrate my roots don't get greasy as fast as they usually do, the concentrate just gives my roots a little lift. It's a total win for me. 


I apply two pumps of the concentrate directly to the roots of my freshly washed and towel dry hair and brush through my hair to make sure the product is distributed evenly. Then I blow dry my hair cold like I would normally do. And there's the volume! It's such an easy product to use, I wouldn't want to miss it in my hair routine anymore. 

All in all, the products add a lot of volume to my hair but the shampoo and conditioner are slightly drying when used regularly. Using the concentrate is an effortless way to add volume to the hair without the drying effect, but doesn't add the extra grip to the hair. 

All three products are available for around CHF 15 each. The collection is available in other countries  too but the naming is different, e.g. Core Restore collection in the UK. 


What products do you use to make your hair look full and voluminous? 


Have a lovely day!

Cheryl



* press samples, all opinions are honest and my own

1 comment:

  1. Uh die Produkt gsend werkli super us! Ich hans langsam aber sicher ufgäh Met Volume... mini Hoor send glaub eifach es bezlii zlang zum do werkli en Effekt zgseh!

    Liebe Grüess und ganz es schöns Wuchenänd

    Valena

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!