Thursday, 15 June 2017

Cleansing with Estée Lauder - 3 Products to remove your Makeup

I really went out of my comfort zone here: I finally tried different products to remove my makeup and ignored my beloved Caudalie Cleansing Oil. How did that happen? First, two of the three products mentioned below were sent to me by Estée Lauder and I love to try new products. Second, I tried the balm at a blogger event and it felt absolutely amazing on the skin. Third, I ran out of my Caudalie Cleansing Oil and I already had the Estée Lauder products at home. And finally, they all look exceptionally luxurious and pretty. How could I resist? 

I'm talking about two different product lines here: two products are from the Advanced Night collection, one is Double Wear. Anyway, all three help you to remove your makeup in their own way. There's the Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam*, which shouldn't be used to remove eye makeup, the Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Balm and the Double Wear Long-Wear Makeup Remover Wipes. 

The Advanced Night Micro Cleansing products remove makeup and soothe the skin with lavender and camomile. 



The Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam is meant to be used on damp skin. Take a small amount and massage it into the skin. It will foam a little but not too much, just be careful not to rub it into your eyes. It costs CHF 40, not cheap but not way too expensive either. I use this product when I'm not wearing mascara, which does happen at least once a week. This easily removes all of my makeup and leaves my face clean and refreshed. The only downside is that my skin sometimes feels a tad bit dry after using it, that's how I justified buying the balm for myself, I mean, "balm" does sound more hydrating, right? 

The Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Balm does exactly what I asked for. It removes all of my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't leave an oily film, so it's no problem to use it if you wear contact lenses. I often use waterproof mascara so I have to carefully massage my eyelashes to make sure all the mascara is gone, but it works. The balmy texture feels wonderful on the skin and leaves it clean and smooth. This is the product I use on day to day basis, it costs CHF 48 which I think is ok for a good cleanser and this one lasts for a while. 

Both products feel soothing on the skin and I noticed that my skin tone looks even and well balanced when I used these cleansing products. 


Estée Lauder has an option for lazy girls too: Double Wear Long-Wear Makeup Remover Wipes*. I wouldn't recommend using wipes on a daily basis to remove your makeup. I use them when I'm traveling or when I wear a lot of makeup and want to remove most of it before using the cleansing balm. But I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how effective these are. They're really soft, thick and moist and I can remove my whole makeup with two wipes! It's difficult to remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner because I don't want to rub on my eyes too much, I like to keep my eye lashes... however, it is possible to get rid of it without being too harsh on the eyes if you have a little patience. Just press the wipe onto your eyes for a few seconds and carefully wipe the product off. It's obviously not the best option to remove waterproof eye makeup but it does a decent job, that's why I love using them on the plane, they leave the skin clean, soft and fresh. At CHF 38 for 45 wipes I do think they're rather expensive. They perform really well and they're great for traveling but I'm not sure I would be okay with spending that much on face wipes. 

All in all, I'm perfectly happy with the three products. They do a good job at removing makeup and soothing my skin. I will go back to my Caudalie Cleansing Oil though. It just provides the extra bit of moisture my dry skin needs and it makes getting rid of waterproof products a bit easier.

What's your favourite cleanser?

Have a great day!

xx Cheryl


*Press samples, all opinions are honest and my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!