Sunday, 2 July 2017

I love my Planet - Yves Rocher Launched an Innovative Concentrated Shower Gel

Sometimes, a beauty product can do more than live up to the sole purpose of making someone feel more beautiful. It can serve another cause which may make you feel beautiful on the inside too. I'm talking about Yves Rocher's new Concentrated Shower Gel*, which may sound mundane but if you take a closer look, it's much more than just a gel in a bottle.



Typical for Yves Rocher, the ingredients of the shower gel are all natural. What's new is the concentration of the product formulation which is four times higher than in a usual shower gel. A hazelnut size amount of the product is enough to wash your entire body. This means that a 100ml bottle of this shower gel is enough to shower 40 times. Hence, the packaging needs less plastic than a big bottle does and the amount actually used is recycled plastic. Smaller bottles and less amount of used product additionally require fewer transports and therefore the pollution can be reduced. In short, the higher concentration of the shower gel makes the whole product and its production more sustainable.

But the sustainability goes further: "I love my planet" is part of the "100 million trees" campaign by Foundation Yves Rocher. This means that Yves Rocher plants a tree for every Concentrated Shower Gel they sell because the aim of the campaign is to plant 100 million trees till 2020. I don't know about you but I'm a sucker for actions like this one, it makes me want to buy the product and start to count the trees I indirectly planted. Reducing pollution and planting trees by buying a certain shower gel? I'm in! 


The product comes in a 100ml bottle with a special lid to make dosage extra easy. A tiny amount of the product is definitely enough, I used it for a week straight and I can see now that it will last for the 40 showers the product description promises. As soon as the gel is combined with water it transforms into a creamy foam which can easily be distributed and massaged over the whole body. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling amazing and this is all I ask for when I'm using a shower gel.

The scent of my Concentrated Shower Gel is a mixture of mango and coriander but it's available in two other scents as well: bourbon vanilla or olive and petitgrain. I'm rather picky with fruity scents because I don't like it when they smell artificial but this one smells fresh because of the coriander, sweet, natural and just delicious. I haven't tested the other two scents yet, I usually like olive scented products so I guess that is the one I'll buy next.

The product launched in June so you should be able to pick it up at your local Yves Rocher store or online. It costs CHF 13.50, not cheap for a shower gel, but it's basically two bottles of shower gel because 100ml of the concentrate are 400ml of a normal shower gel and you're kind of buying a tree as well, right? Considering this, I think the price is fair. I really hope that this easy concept will inspire other brands to create products in a sustainable way, this product shows that a little effort can already do a lot. 

What do you think about Yves Rochers "I love my planet" campaign?


Have a great day!

xx Cheryl


*press sample, all opinions are honest and my own

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Cheryl

    Woow, dieses Konzentrat ist eine ziemliche Innovation! Ich mag es, dass Firmen nachhaltig denken!

    Liebe Grüsse
    Isa
    www.isacosmetics.ch

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!