Sunday, 9 July 2017

Jo Malone - My First Impression on their Colognes

Jo Malone is a brand I've always been intrigued by but have been put off by the price tags on their products at the same time. I never really got the chance to test a product properly, so just imagine how happy I was when I received some of their colognes in goodie bags recently*. 

Jo Malone products come with a whole experience around them. Their shops are always absolutely gorgeous, chic and cozy at the same time and make me want to try everything. The packaging of their products is just as pretty and opening it feels like unwrapping a gift to me. Can you tell I'm excited about this?

I'd like to introduce you to this lovely little set with two 30ml bottles of Jo Malone colognes for about CHF 140. This would make such a great gift if you'd like to treat someone. By the way, 70% of the box is made from recycled material and it looks luxurious, right?



I tested Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne and Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne. I've heard a lot about the first one, lots of UK bloggers raved about this scent. On me, it smells fresh first but the scent develops quickly into a warm and rich, even spicy kind of scent. As the name suggests, it does really smell like a combination of wood and sea but the wooden note is stronger than the fresh note which makes it more of an autumnal or winter scent. 

Mimosa & Cardamom on the other hand is a floral scent with a hint of something light and sweet. The cardamom is quite obvious. On its own, I think this scent is suitable for more mature women. But Jo Malone scents can be combined, you're even encouraged to do so, that's why I combined these two and the result is a spicy and warm scent which would be perfect for Christmas. I'm having so much fun testing these scents right now! I'd highly recommend to try combining some of the scents, I find it fascinating how they change. 


What I noticed about all Jo Malone Colognes so far is that their scents are very pure and clear. This makes it easy to decide whether you like a scent or not. I really enjoy many of the lighter scents and some of the warm scents - I'm happy with the two I presented above - but there are a lot of scents that just aren't for me, such as Lime Basil & Mandarin, which by the name I thought I'd love. It's a fresh scent, the kind I usually go for, but on me it smells slightly sour - not something I enjoy. Luckily, we don't have to love every single Cologne, there's enough to choose from. In fact, Jo Malone has about 27 Colognes, if I counted correctly. If you start combining them, there are even more! 

My overall impression of the brand is very positive. Everything about it feels luxurious, from the shopping experience to the actual product. The 30ml bottles are available for CHF 69 each which isn't cheap but not insanely expensive either. I'd love to try some of their skincare products. Have you tried any? Do you have any recommendations?

Have a great day!

xx Cheryl


*yes, you guessed it right. These are press samples. As always, the opinion in this blogpost is my own and absolutely honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!